Terms and Conditions
- UK VAT at standard rate is included in our prices
- Payment accepted in (€)Euro or (£)Sterling
- Exchange rate: £/€ is subject to variation and based on daily commercial exchange rates
Notes: All prices quoted include VAT. Invoices for Commercial users will show any applicable VAT. You remain responsible for any cost of your local internet connection
When you join the UKSofa service you’re agreeing to open and subscribe to a UK-based Internet Account, for which you pay a monthly fee, which we call your “Access Rental”.
Your UKSofa internet account can be accessed remotely (e.g. overseas) by using a UKSofa Box, which we loan to you free of charge.
You can choose (a) a simple Annual (12-month) contract or (b) a monthly rental, which is subject to the following minimum commitments:
Your monthly rental commitment in Year One is any 6 calendar months and for subsequent years it’s just any 3 calendar months.
Main Terms of Supply
- Your contract is with CommerceCall Ltd, owners of UKSofa.
- Point of Supply is in the UK and UK standard rate VAT applies.
- You may supply a UK contract address or just an overseas address.
- You are being provided with a UKSofa Box which links you to a UK-based UKSofa Internet account hosted by our UK Internet Service Provider which we open in your name and which allows you to connect (from anywhere) to the internet in the UK. You remain responsible for ensuring your devices do not give conflicting location information.
- If you choose a UKSofa4G box then you will own the box and it will be charged at the rate then stated on the order page.
- Invoices will be sent via e-mail.
Monthly Access Rental
- Minimum access rental is any six months in year 1.
- On-going annual minimum access rental is any 3 months.
- Any cost increase is limited to (UK) inflation.
- Access Rental automatically continues for the next month unless cancelled by 25th day of the current month.
- Access Rental is billed per calendar month commencing on 1st day of the month.
- Access Rental re-activates, if:
- when dormant, you tell us to re-activate, by 25th day of the preceding month
- by not recommencing you would fail to meet your annual minimum commitment.
- Annual Rental commitment recommences every year unless notice to end the contract is given
Annual Access Rental
- You commit to pay for 12 consecutive calendar months commencing from the 1st day of the month following your order. We invoice you monthly in advance and you pay a pro-rata charge for your first part month
- From month 12 your commitment will renew on a month-by-month basis unless you cancel by the 25th day of the preceding month.
- Any cost increase is limited to (UK) inflation
- Payment by Internet banking, credit/debit card, Direct Debit (UK bank accounts only) or by a UK standing order arrangement.
- CommerceCall payment terms and terms of business apply – see below
- After-sales service line is hosted in the UK by CommerceCall
- Router is guaranteed for 12-months.
- Router speed is capped at 100Mbps
Business Prices are the same as for Residential users, business invoices will quote VAT
Terms and Conditions of Business
Date of Issue: 25 May 2022
CommerceCall Limited and UKSofa
These Payment Terms (Section One) apply to all goods and services supplied by and subsequently invoiced by
Commerce Call and form part of the applicable Terms and Conditions of Business. In any case of conflict the Terms and Conditions of Business shall apply.
SECTION ONE: Terms of Payment
Contract period for services provided
Unless otherwise agreed in your contract with us, the default minimum period for services provided by or through CommerceCall is 12 months running from the first day of the month immediately following the date of first supply. However, many services are subject to a different and often shorter minimum term and such alternative period shall be binding when advised to you in writing, or when shown on our website prior to the commencement date of the relevant service.
Continuation of Services
Unless Notice (as set out below) is given to end a contract at the end of the minimum period for services, the Contract commitment shall, subject to this clause, continue on a month-by-month basis. If the Contract shall require the completion of a minimum commitment period, such as any three months in subsequent twelve-month period, the annual contract minimum commitment shall renew at the end of the current annual contract period.
Unless a Party is in breach of its obligations to the other (e.g. non-payment of a valid invoice), on expiration of (a)
the minimum contract period, or (b) in the case of a monthly contract the completion of the minimum annual commitment obligation, unless otherwise agreed a service can be terminated by either Party giving notice to the other on or before the 25th day of the month preceding the last month of the existing contract period. (Example for a contract ending on 31 December, notice must be given on or before 25th November) such notice to take effect on the last day of the month following the expiration of the notice period.
Unless stated differently on an invoice, for non-direct debit payments, all invoices are due for payment no later than 14 days after the Invoice Date. Payments under a previously agreed and accepted direct debit arrangement are taken around 14 days after the invoice date or such earlier monthly date as may be agreed.
As a service to customers we offer a card payment service. Details are supplied on each invoice and most popular Debit and Credit cards are accepted.
By agreeing to accept goods and services from CommerceCall you agree to pay in accordance with our terms, failing which the following will apply.
If you are a business or an individual, we may charge interest on all overdue amounts from time to time on a daily basis at a rate of 4% above the base rate of Starling Bank, to run from the due date of payment until receipt by us of the full amount in cleared funds (including any accrued interest) whether before or after judgment in respect of the overdue amount.
Additionally, if you are a business, should we refer your account to a collection agency (which may be associated with our Holding company, or a firm of solicitors), then we will also add a referral fee to the amount owing. The current referral fee is £200+VAT. We also reserve the right to continue to add late payment charges, at the increased rate of 3.5% per month of the outstanding balance or £30 (whichever is higher), until payment is received for the outstanding debt.
Late payment charges will be levied after, as well as before any judgment if court proceedings for recovery are
Cancelled or Returned Payments
We do not normally charge a fee for returned payments or direct debits, however if a payment is not honoured by your card issuer, the or relevant Bank or Financial Institution, and should that action result in us being charged a fee, we will recover
that fee from you together with an agreed fee to cover our costs of £24 (£20 plus VAT).
Commerce Call may, prior to commencement of a contract or during the life of a contract with a customer, impose
a requirement that a sum of money be paid to CommerceCall as a security deposit against any monies owed at any time by the customer to CommerceCall. Unless CommerceCall shall decide otherwise, during normal course of business the deposit shall not be used to set-off or pay a debt owed by the Customer to CommerceCall.
Should (1) CommerceCall initiate or otherwise cause legal proceedings to be commenced against the Customer,
or (2) the Customer cease to trade or have proceedings threatened or commenced against it for monies due or alleged to be due, then CommerceCall with the full agreement and prior knowledge of the Customer, may use part or all of the deposit to offset monies due to CommerceCall by the Customer, such transaction being irrevocably agreed to take place as on the day prior to any event of insolvency.
Effect of termination of services for non-payment.
CommerceCall normally provides credit terms to its customers, in addition it allows payment to be made by Credit and Debit cards. If a customer does not pay an invoice when due, Commerce Call retains the right to treat the non-payment as an early termination of the Contract by the Customer. CommerceCall then also retains the right to immediately and without further notice, withdraw services from the Customer. Termination can result in any phone numbers provided by Commerce Call to the Customer being withdrawn from service and early termination penalties may also apply. On termination arising from non-payment, the customer shall remain liable to pay for the services as set out in their original contract.
These terms may be varied at any time by CommerceCall which shall notify a customer by e-mail, or by notice on a
subsequent invoice, or by posting the revised version on our website. A variation shall then become valid and
deemed accepted seven days after the date of issue.
Payment Terms. Date of Issue 25 May 2022